First a bit of history…
I started Bumper cards a few years ago with my SU! customers. It was a way for all of us to get something fun in the mail. Basically SEND A CARD to someone on the list, GET A CARD from someone on the list. It was a local thing and pretty easy to manage. Then came the Fab 4's amuseaddicts.com site. And bumper cards moved to that site. It went from using SU! images to using A Muse images but the concept remained the same. I even made one of those "blog badges" a few years ago for this purpose:
So, some 4 years later, I'm not ready to let this go… I'm very passionate about it because I feel like this stamping hobby that has allowed me to gain SO MANY new friends should be the perfect vehicle to spread some joy and make someone smile.
Please note… I would like to keep this A Muse centric (i.e. using A Muse only stamps), so if you're so inclined to join me, please do so.
Things are a bit different than on the addicts board… it's a bit harder to manage on my blog but I'll give it a shot. For security purposes, you'll have to email me your address and I'll email everyone back the list.
BUMPER CARDS are changing the world! Come join the fun! Well,
how does it work, you ask? Would you love to get a handmade card in the
mail? Would you love to send one? If you said yes to both questions,
Do you want to spread a little kindness? Think of
this as a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS (RAK). All you have to do is send ONE
card by the end of the current month. If you do not like it, you do not
have to do it for the next month. There is no obligation. Just think of
it as making someone’s day brighter. Not only will you make someone
smile, you, in turn, will receive a NON-BILL, NON-JUNK mail, card to
brighten your day.
- Post a comment here with your name saying you want to join. Deadline for signup: Jan 30th, 2009. You must have left a comment to play THEN Email me your snail mail address by Jan 30th.
- I'll compile a list of everyone that wants to participate and email you the list of names and addresses on or around the first of February.
- The 1st person on the list, sends a handmade card (ANY
KIND you have – you can make a new card or use a handmade card you
already have) to the person below her on the list (the last one sends
the first) by the last day of the month.
- Please use at least ONE A Muse stamp
- Please only sign up if you are committed to playing along. No one likes to get stood up.
- It does cost you the price of a postage stamp.
Hope you want to join! Let me know if you have questions