My fellow A Muse instructor and friend, Jenn, has this super cute pic of her cat, Harley. His picture is part of a contest… go vote for him (have to register first but it only takes a second…) and vote everyday!
Last night a bunch of my SCS friends got together for dinner (they had dinner, I had "get the boys to bed duty!") and then a short shopping trip to Archiver's. Fun, fun! Suzy had come in to town from Dallas for work so that was the impromptu part! It was fun to see her again, along with Brenda, Rae Anne, Karen, and Libby. It was great to meet new friends too: Rachel, Julie, and Lisa!
would you look at that hair! OMG… it's outta control. Mine, of course. This picture was taken after the shopping trip in the parking lot before we all left. Karen and Julie had already left.
Back to Archivers… I went all the way up there (Northwest Austin is referred by us "south of the river" people as SOUTH DALLAS!!) to get a Hero Arts stamp set that my friend, Lisa Sprangler uses all the time. But did they have it?? No, of course not. But not to worry, I found some paper I *had* to have. And a few other things too!
Wow, the last 2 weeks are sorta a blur to me and I thought I'd just post once and catch up…
I've been busy with:
* Field trip for 1st grade to the Children's Museum – all systems go! was the theme
* My *insane* (scheduled by yours truly, mind you!) teaching schedule is taking a much needed breather… 8 classes in 10 days all over Texas. Good to see lots of friends and great to meet new ones!
* Pinewood Derby Races for cub scouts… our first one! My son pretty much made his own car except for the sawing part, which DH did. My son sanded it, painted it, put the stickers on it, everything. So proud!
* Go See It (cub scouts Field Trip) to local TV station – this was cool! The kids met the local weather guy and also one of the anchors. The boys got to play weatherman with the big green screen, too. Fun!
* Photography – I became a photographer for the school yearbook this past week and took 25 classroom group pictures. I could *never* be a person photographer. Especially for kids. *NEVER*. No patience on my part.
* Got the prototype for my nephew's wedding invitation done. Yippee! Now the *work* starts.
* then all the usual stuff… laundry, cooking, homework, school web stuff… etc, etc.
So, there, we're all caught up… I *do* actually have some crafty posts to share, just gotta get the pictures taken. I'll be back soon. 🙂
So, am I allowed to say that? Being a computer engineer and all? It’s not what you think… it’s not the new computer I got on Friday that’s taking up all my time to reinstall all the software and move files over. No, it’s not that. It’s not the 2 websites I’m writing in my *spare* time either. No, those things are EASY. I say that with such attitude. You know why? Because I’m so bleeping mad… I am. I’m mad.
WHY IN THE WORLD DOES AN OVEN NEED TO HAVE A #$(*&#&$#*($& computer board in it? A computer board that we’ve replaced now twice already in the past 12 years. A computer board that will NOT be replaced this time but rather thrown away with the heap that it lives in.
My oven, when you set on bake, starts to heat up and then RANDOMLY (or so it seems!) switches over to broil whenever it feels like.
I ran upstairs to get my sneak to photo before the light was gone for the day. Yeah, so I made it to the top of the stairs when I hear the oven "alarm" go off. THE ALARM to tell you something is WRONG is very late indeed. The kitchen is full of smoke and well the rolls I was heating are now black baseballs. THEN the smoke alarm goes off. And so do my dogs and 2 year-old. ACK.
Oh my goodness! What a crazy weekend! Um, I mean weekend including Friday :D. I taught 4 A Muse classes this weekend including the special ones for the Texas SCS Gathering ladies that came into town early! WHAT A HOOT THAT WAS!!! I even met Sandy again… met her 3 years ago at the first Texas SCS gathering in Arlington. She’s from Spokane, WA! And it sure was fun to meet all those other non-Texans that came in from NJ, IN, and CA. And then I got to reconnect with Jody… Ms. TexasJodyLynnwhodoesn’tactuallyliveinTexasanymore. Truly fun. And of course, it was great to see some of my good friends that I hadn’t seen since August!
The one thing I learned from that whirlwind is I should sit more during the day and not stand up all day long for 2 days straight! LOL!
Anyway, many thanks to all the wonderful stampers out there that I got to meet or reconnect with. Thanks so much for a fun time!